A quick update on the poll launched earlier asking – Where will Villa finish in the league under Alex McLeish? – has seen unsurprisingly mixed results thus far.
However, it does seem that Villa fans are being realistic in expecting a mid-table finish in the Scotsman’s first season in charge, with the chances of a relegation battle next year being less likely than that of a European finish according to Villa fans, which is encouraging to see.
Of the 280 voters thus far, 119 opted for the ‘safe’ mid-table security option (42.5%), though many fans are still clearly very much downbeat over the appointment of the former Blues boss with 74 people expecting a fight for survival next campaign! The poll is still open so if you haven’t already done so, have your say at – http://astonvillablog.com/vote-now-where-will-villa-finish-in-the-league-under-alex-mcleish/
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups