I wanted to see what would be my best starting XI based on my Average Player Ratings section which accumulates the player ratings made with every match report. Going along with Villa’s much used 4-4-1-1 system this season, here are the 11 best players according to the ratings that I have given. Notable omissions include the likes of Warnock, Dunne, Petrov and Agbonlahor who have all had below average seasons thus far in my opinion. I’d just like to say this isn’t the team which I feel should start every game but is purely based on how they have faired based on my rankings. Many of the younger players have impressed although it is obvious, perhaps not to the manager, that they should not all be played in the same team. Do you agree with my rankings or are their any players that deserve a place or any that don’t in the XI I have named?
The Average Player Rating of the entire best XI is just 6.53. Not great.
The sides best performer this term according to the ratings is Marc Albrighton with 6.86.
The worst 3 performers thus far have been Habib Beye (5.25), Robert Pires (5.33) and Stiliyan Petrov (5.80)
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups