Villa have once again been linked to Wigan’s star man and attacking all-rounder Charles N’Zogbia, but may be some way down in a long list of suitors for the 24-year-old, who will undoubtedly leave the Latics if they get relegated this weekend.Reports suggest that we join the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, Juventus, Sunderland and the Frenchman’s former club, Newcastle in an interest in Roberto Martinez’s prized asset. A telling stat regarding the left-footers style of play is that since the start of the 2009/10 season, N’Zogbia has attempted over double the amount of dribbles than any other player (547), with Bale in second place (258)!
His heroic double in last weekend’s crunch game with West Ham were his 8th and 9th of the Premier League season, Wigan’s highest, and joined his opener at Villa the week before. N’Zogbia also has 5 league assists to his name, a pass success rate of 78%, higher than Villa’s best winger in that regard (Downing 77%), and has an average of 1.6 shots per game.
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups