An odd transfer link has seen reports from Italy (completely unrelated), suggest that Villa are looking to swoop for 17-year-old Schalke starlet Julian Draxler, after the young German broke into the Bundesliga sides first team last season.
At his tender age, the midfielder made 1 start and 5 substitute appearances in the Champions League last season, including outings in both legs of the clubs semi final against Manchester United. In those games he completed a hugely impressive 91% of his passes, as well as netting twice in Schalke’s German cup run which saw them lift the trophy and Draxler score in the final versus Duisburg.
In the league, the youngster made 3 starts and a further 12 substitute appearances, scoring once to bring his tally to 3 in all competitions. His average pass success rate in the Bundesliga was 83%, still very high for a teenager! The 17-year-old is predominantly a left sided player with Villa looking to strengthen on the wings with the imminent departure of Ashley Young, with Stewart Downing also tipped with a move.
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups