Everton and Villa have both been credited with an interest in out of favour Spurs striker Jermain Defoe after the 28-year-old hit a barren run of form in front of goal this term which has reportedly led to Harry Redknapp’s willingness to part ways with the England international. Defoe stated recently that he may need to move from the club if he can’t tie down regular first team football, saying: “If I’m not playing football I’m not happy.” If Villa were to make a move then Defoe could potentially line-up alongside former Tottenham teammate Darren Bent, though the duo never really impressed as a partnership prior to the Villa striker’s departure.
The Spurs boss is reportedly keen to bolster his attacking ranks with another two strikers next term with Robbie Keane all but certain to see the chop and one of Defoe, Crouch or Pavlyuchenko rumoured to follow. In 15 league starts Defoe has netted just 4 goals, assisting a further two, a worse record than his aforementioned colleagues despite attempting more shots at goal than either of them on average.
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups