Dean Smith’s Aston Villa are taking an interest in AFC Bournemouth star David Brooks, according to a report Talksport’s Alex Crook.
The 23-year-old has been in red hot form for the Cherries in the Championship this season, and it appears he’s now caught the attention, of high flying Aston Villa in the Premier League.
The Welsh international has put in some excellent displays for the South Coast outift this season, with three goals, and five assist from seventeen league outings.
But with the Cherries pushing for a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking, they aren’t likely to part with the youngster easily.
Brooks who arrived at Dean Court from Sheffield United in 2018, for a fee of 11.5 million pounds, has been exceptional, showcasing his attacking abilities with a handful of goal contributions in his spell with Bournemouth.
The Championship side are expected to demand a large fee for the Welsh midfielder, but with Aston Villa being big spenders, and club captain Jack Grealish’s future uncertain, they may consider paying a large fee that Bournemouth demand this month.
AVB VIEW – Quality player, worth the fee.
To conclude, David Brooks would most certainly be worth a large fee that Aston Villa would have to spend on him, as he would boost their squad substantially.
The rumours of a potential departure for Jack Grealish fail to disappear, and if the captain is to depart the Midlands outfit, Brooks would be capable of filling the void.
Even if Grealish doesn’t leave a move for Brooks would still be sensible, as Dean Smith’s brand of football should suit the Welsh international, and he should be able to find space for both of them in his side, which could lead to an exciting partnership.
- Aston Villa sign Morgan Sanson from Marseille on four-and-a-half-year deal
- Bertrand Traore ‘really happy’ with goal against Newcastle
- Villa set to enter Morgan Sanson transfer talks
- Jason Tindall addresses David Brooks transfer rumors
- Dean Smith wins Premier League manager of the month award
- Ajax and Celtic seriously interested in Villa’s England U17 star
- Report: Aston Villa taking an interest in AFC Bournemouth star
- Aston Villa vs Everton postponed because of Covid outbreak
- Tom Heaton linked with shock Arsenal move
- Aston Villa ‘ask the Premier League to postpone Everton game’ amid Covid-19 nightmare