Dean Smith’s Aston Villa are taking an interest in AFC Bournemouth star David Brooks, according to a report Talksport’s Alex Crook.
The 23-year-old has been in red hot form for the Cherries in the Championship this season, and it appears he’s now caught the attention, of high flying Aston Villa in the Premier League.
The Welsh international has put in some excellent displays for the South Coast outift this season, with three goals, and five assist from seventeen league outings.
But with the Cherries pushing for a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking, they aren’t likely to part with the youngster easily.
Brooks who arrived at Dean Court from Sheffield United in 2018, for a fee of 11.5 million pounds, has been exceptional, showcasing his attacking abilities with a handful of goal contributions in his spell with Bournemouth.
The Championship side are expected to demand a large fee for the Welsh midfielder, but with Aston Villa being big spenders, and club captain Jack Grealish’s future uncertain, they may consider paying a large fee that Bournemouth demand this month.
AVB VIEW – Quality player, worth the fee.
To conclude, David Brooks would most certainly be worth a large fee that Aston Villa would have to spend on him, as he would boost their squad substantially.
The rumours of a potential departure for Jack Grealish fail to disappear, and if the captain is to depart the Midlands outfit, Brooks would be capable of filling the void.
Even if Grealish doesn’t leave a move for Brooks would still be sensible, as Dean Smith’s brand of football should suit the Welsh international, and he should be able to find space for both of them in his side, which could lead to an exciting partnership.
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media
- Dean Smith praises Villa’s ‘super subs’ as Villa come back to beat Fulham
- Jack Grealish ‘back and raring to go’ ahead of Fulham on Sunday
- Why Grealish absence proves that Villa are still too reliant on their talisman
- Jack Grealish to miss out against Newcastle – injury latest
- Dean Smith criticizes ‘sloppy’ Villa players after Sheffield United defeat
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton