As expected, any Villa fans hoping to see Kyle Walker in a claret and blue shirt come next season should look away now. It had already been confirmed by both clubs, and the player himself, that there was no agreed fee involved in the loan deal which minimised the chances of Villa making the deal permanent significantly. Any move and aspirations from Houllier and the Villa fans to secure a transfer at the end of the current campaign have now been nullified completely after Harry Redknapp insisted that the 20-year-old full-back would definitely be returning to White Hart Lane in the summer. The Express & Star quoted the Spurs boss as saying;
“Kyle will be back here for sure, he’s still learning and got miles to learn but he is a talent, a real prospect..
“He has got all the attributes to be an England right-back of the future.
“He’ll come back here and push for a place.”
I have heard mixed opinions and reviews from Villa fans on Walker thus far, though all have concurred that he is a real prospect. His defensive abilities have come into question in a short spell which has seen him impress in an attacking sense, scoring two goals and earning a first senior England call-up. Disappointment levels?
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups