Ashley Young has made the biggest indication that he may well stay at Villa in a jovial interview with the Birmingham Mail. It had been suggested that the 25-year-old current captain was all but certain to leave the club in the summer but it seems it is not as much of a certainty as first feared. When Young was told that he had scored the club’s 500th league goal at Villa Park, earlier in his time at the club, Young stated;
“I wasn’t aware of that statistic but I’m delighted to be the one to get the 500th home goal.
“It’s a massive milestone for the club – maybe I can go on and get the 1,000th in all Premier League games.’’ (the club is currently on 925 so if he’s planning on doing that by the end of the season we will have to end it pretty well!)
Does this give you any confidence that the forward will stay on at the club, and do you feel that keeping Ashley is essential to Villa’s aspirations next season, assuming they are in the Premier League next season!
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups