With talks between the club and former manager Martin O’Neill unable to reach an agreement over the conclusion of the Irishman’s four-year reign at the club, the issue has been passed on to an arbitration tribunal, with the LMA releasing the following statement;
“Premier League managers’ contracts contain a clause requiring the parties to mediate their differences in the event of a dispute.
“If the dispute cannot be resolved at mediation, then the case moves forward to the Premier League managers’ arbitration tribunal.
“Regrettably, despite mediation, it has not been possible to resolve the dispute between Martin and Aston Villa concerning the termination of his employment with the club.
“The matter has now been placed in the hands of the Premier League Managers’ arbitration tribunal.
“The tribunal is ideally placed to resolve disputes of this nature, combining the skills and experience of prominent individuals from football and the law.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups