Villa’s caretaker manager Gary McAllister has praised the way in which midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker has gone about his business this season in order to regain a starting berth having fallen out of favour under Martin O’Neill. The 26-year-old is out of contract in the summer and his agent Tony Finnigan claims that he will be one of the best Bosman transfers in English football history if he is allowed to leave the club on a free. McAllister has revealed that the club are keen to open contract talks to ensure that that does not happen, stating:
“We spoke the last time in November, December but we’re fully aware of the situation and we’ll be looking to speak to Nigel over the next two or three weeks.
“He’s a player who’s been very committed since we’ve arrived, when he’s been in the team and out of the team.
“He’s actually won his place in the team by the way he’s gone about his training in the week and I applaud that.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups