“We started the team with Emile Heskey and Gaby Agbonlahor and Nathan Delfouneso, who is an Under 21 international, so that attack was practically three internationals.
“We have quality and we use it.
“I don’t think Ashley Young or Stewart Downing would have avoided the first goal, which was very unfortunate.
“After being down to 1-0 it was difficult.”
“We have to acknowledge that we were beaten by a team that is better than ours at the moment,” added Houllier.
“I don’t think we had a bad game.
“I admit that we didn’t hurt them enough (but) the score is very flattering for them.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups