“We need 10 points (to be safe) and we will get them. I am confident about that.
“Everyone is concerned about the fact we are going through a tough period. We are all worried. The players are worried and that is part of the nervousness we showed at times against Wolves.
“I didn’t feel the team was as free as it used to be. The first goal played a part and affected the morale and confidence of the team. We know we have some players who are suspended or injured and at some stage they will come back.”
“We have quality players and I think we will (survive). I am convinced we have everything it takes. It will be a fight but ‘game on.’ I would love to have something different to aim at but that’s what it is.
“Let’s be realistic. I am not a dreamer, by far. We have quality in the team but at the moment it looks as if it is an unlucky period. We hope that will stop very quickly. At Bolton last weekend, we should have won. There are a few games we should have won.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups