Villa youngster Nathan Delfouneso has returned from a loan spell with Championship side Burnley in determined mood, claiming that the time away has helped is development despite the striker netting just once in 11 appearances, of which 7 were starts for the Clarets. The 20-year-old hopes that Gary McAllister will give him a chance in the last two games of the season, adding:
“I am hungry, very hungry, to get myself involved. Hopefully I will be involved before the end of the season. I am going to go all out to become a regular in the coming seasons.
“I am looking to push on and be a success here. I want to work hard in training. The last two are great games and I’d love to be involved in them.
“Going on loan to Burnley is an experience I think I needed — playing back-to-back games. I think I needed to do that. I feel like I’ve come back as a far more educated player. It has been good for my development.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups