Young Villa midfielder Barry Bannan has admitted that he grew frustrated during his time on loan at Championship club Leeds after not getting the amount of playing time he had anticipated.
“I thought I was going to Leeds to play almost every game and it didn’t work out that way, so it got a bit frustrating in the end.
“Villa kept in contact with me. Gordon Cowans (first team coach) phoned me up and asked me what was happening after I didn’t start a couple of games.
“Leeds had only got two games left anyway and Villa had got four, so it was better for me to come back here and try and force my way in.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups