“I’ve not really thought about whether Blues being at a final will inspire us to do the same.
“It would be great to get to a cup final – no matter whether Blues have been there or not.
“We’ve got to beat Manchester City first and, if we do that, we’ve got a hard tie.
“It’s going to be hard to get there but we will do our best.”
“We were very poor up at City. Every player in a Villa shirt didn’t perform that day.
“But we’ve beaten them since at our place so we know we are capable of it.
“We will go there and look to pick something up. We had a great afternoon against Blackburn and we will go there in high spirits and full of confidence.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups