Aston Villa will be looking to continue their impressive run of form this Saturday as they welcome Newcastle United to Villa Park in the Premier League.
Unai Emery has worked wonders at the Midlands club since taking over as their manager in November last year.
Under the Spaniard, the Lions have now picked up 11 wins from 17 matches to surge up the standings.
Their most recent victory came against Nottingham Forest last weekend.
Steve Cooper’s men made a difficult contest for the home side but they managed to seal full points in the end thanks to goals from Bertrand Traore and Ollie Watkins.
The win leaves Villa sixth in the Premier League table with just six points off fifth-placed Tottenham Hotspur.
Meanwhile, Newcastle also have big ambitions this season as they are bidding to secure Champions League football for next term.
They came very close to ending their near 70-year domestic trophy drought when they made it to the final of the Carabao Cup.
But Manchester United comfortably won the Wembley match to shatter the Magpies’ dream of winning the long-awaited silverware.
However, Eddie Howe’s men took their revenge against the Red Devils at the start of this month when they hosted their rivals at St James’ Park.
They ran out 2-0 winners after two late goals from Joe Willock and Callum Wilson.
The Tyneside club have won each of their last five league matches to cement their position in the top-four.
They triumphed 2-1 at Brentford last Saturday after Alexander Isak scored the winner in the 61st-minute.
Leon Bailey picked up a knock in Villa’s 2-0 win over Forest last week. He will sit out Saturday’s game, joining Philippe Coutinho and Boubacar Kamara on the sidelines.
Manager Unai Emery will also be unable to avail the services of Matty Cash who is nursing a calf issue at the moment.
As for Newcastle, Emil Krafth and Allan Saint-Maximin will be missing due to injury problems.
However, Miguel Almiron could return from a thigh injury in a boost for the visitors.
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United potential line-ups
Aston Villa: Martinez; Young, Konsa, Mings, Moreno; McGinn, Luiz; Traore, Buendia, Ramsey; Watkins
Newcastle United: Pope; Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn; Longstaff, Guimaraes, Joelinton; Almiron, Wilson, Murphy
How to Watch?
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United, as well as all the other matches in England’s top-flight, can be watched via live soccer streams.
Aston Villa vs Newcastle prediction
Aston Villa and Newcastle are currently the two most in-form sides in the Premier League. Both teams look equally matched in quality and that’s why we are backing Saturday’s contest to be a draw.
Aston Villa 1-1 Newcastle United
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Middlesbrough vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Lineups
- Preview: Manchester United vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Lineups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups