Aston Villa and Brighton & Hove Albion will lock horns with each other in Sunday’s final-day showdown at Villa Park.
Unai Emery has completely changed the fortunes of the Lions since he took over the club in November.
He is now one of the top candidates for the Manager of the Year award alongside Mikel Arteta, Pep Guardiola, Roberto De Zerbi and Eddie Howe.
Emery will not be able to lead his side to a top-six finish but they are a strong contender for securing the Europa Conference League spot by finishing seventh.
Villa were close to sealing full points from their most recent league encounter at Liverpool, with the visitors leading by a goal until the 89th-minute.
But at that point, Roberto Firmino provided a brilliant parting gift by netting a late equaliser to earn a share in the spoils.
On the other hand, Brighton will enter the coming match on the back of a 1-1 draw with the champions Manchester City.
The Citizens looked on course for another win after Phil Foden fired the opener in the 25th-minute.
However, they ultimately had to share the points after Julio Enciso scored a fantastic goal with just seven minutes remaining in the game.
The hard-earned point meant the Seagulls have now secured a Europa League spot for next season.
Aston Villa will not be able to call upon the services of Alex Morena who sustained a thigh injury at Liverpool and is now set to be on the sidelines until August.
Meanwhile, Jed Steer and Philippe Coutinho will also sit out the game for the Lions.
As for Brighton, several of their players will be missing Sunday’s final match due to injury issues, including Tariq Lamptey, Jeremy Sarmiento, and Jakub Moder.
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion Potential line-ups
Aston Villa: Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Digne; McGinn, Kamara, Luiz, Ramsey; Buendia, Watkins
Brighton & Hove Albion: Steele; Veltman, Dunk, Webster, Estupinan; Caicedo, Gross; Mitoma, Mac Allister, Enciso; Ferguson
How to Watch?
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion, as well as all other top-flight matches in England, can be watched via Premier League live streams.
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion prediction
Brighton will likely take their foot off the gas with Europa League qualification already secured. But Villa have a huge motivation to win on Sunday as they will be aiming to win the Europa Conference League spot.
We are expecting Unai Emery’s side to seal full points from this match.
Aston Villa 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups