Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins has reflected on his impressive start to life at Villa park.
The 24-year-old striker joined Aston Villa for a club-record fee Of £28 million from Brentford and he has been in outstanding form for Dean Smith’s side so far.
Watkins has managed to score six goals in his first seven Premier League games and he managed to score five of those goals against Liverpool and Arsenal. He has also scored twice in the league cup to take his tally to eight goals in all competitions so far.
He will be hoping to build on this start and add some momentum in the coming weeks.
Aston Villa were in desperate need of a goalscorer last season and Watkins has managed to make an instant impact since his move from the Championship.
The 24-year-old was highly rated before his move to Aston Villa and he showing his true potential in the Premier League already.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Watkins said: “On a personal note, it couldn’t have gone much better. Sometimes I have to pinch myself when I think about how far I’ve come. I’m just trying to take it in my stride, and I’m loving it at the moment. Last year I scored a lot of goals, so I was trying to emulate that this year. I want to score as many as possible and I’m glad I’ve done that so far.”
- Aston Villa Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Southampton Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kickoff Time & How To Stream
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton