Everton manager David Moyes is the overwhelming favourite amongst Villa fans to lead the club next season according to the latest poll results from the Aston Villa Blog’s – Who Should be in Charge at Villa Next Season poll, still open for votes. The Scotsman was in competition with another 12 possible options in the poll, including the ever present Other (how he hasn’t got a job yet I don’t know, but is leading the way in comprehensive fashion. As the poll reaches the 1000 votes mark, 926 as I’m writing this, Moyes has picked up a massive 404 votes, almost 44%. Interestingly only 45 of the voters thus far want Gerard Houllier to remain in charge thus far. However, despite this amounting to less than 5% of the vote, it still places the Frenchman as fourth favourite.
Moyes’ closest challenger up to this point is former Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard, who left his post at Galatasaray at the end of last year and was linked as a target to replace Houllier earlier in the week. The only other manager who is more popular than Houllier at the moment is former Tottenham, Hamburg and Ajax boss Martin Jol who was linked to the vacant manager’s position at the start of the season. Out of interest I voted for Gus Poyet, but the Brighton boss is unpopular amongst most, currently sitting in 10th place with just over 2% of the votes. Bottom of the list is ex-Baggies manager Roberto Di Matteo, behind Chris Hughton and Sam Alladyce propping up the poll. Rafa Benitez is a favourite among the bookies and ranks in 5th, behind Houllier, in who the Villa fans want in charge next campaign. Don’t forget the poll is still open so to register your vote click the link from earlier in the article. Thoughts wanted!
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups