It is to the understanding of the Birmingham Mail that Alex McLeish has reportedly resigned from his post as manager of Birmingham City. The Scottish bluenose boss has seen his odds shorten dramatically since the Roberto Martinez talks failed to come into fruition. Many Villa fans will be hoping that the recent developments do not lead to McLeish joining Villa and are campaigning for another ginger Scot in Everton’s David Moyes.
In other breaking news Billy Davies has been sacked from his post at Nottingham Forest which will undoubtedly see his long odds drop but McLeish has become the resounding favourite with odds as short as 1/5, that’s right 1/5, not 5/1. All speculation thus far and I wouldn’t say it is at all clear as Randy would be taking a massive risk amongst the fans by hiring the now ex-Blues boss!
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups