Alex McLeish was officially confirmed as Aston Villa just 15 minutes or so before the 2011/12 Premier League fixture list was announced and will be hoping that he can get off to a winning start away at Fulham, who themselves have a new manager in Martin Jol.
His first game at Villa Park and the mercy of the Villa fans will be a huge game and pips Villa against a very common enemy in Blackburn, having faced Rovers about 20 times a season in the last few years. That game will be followed by what will be considered as a must win so early in his tenure as the club host Wolves on the 27th of August.
Villa don’t face a ‘big 6’ team until 8 games into the campaign when they travel to Manchester City on October 15th which is followed by another crucial derby fixture, hosting West Brom a week later. The month of December looks the hardest, as it proved last season, as McLeish will lead his side out against Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea amongst the 6 fixtures at the end of the year.
A somewhat favourable start to the seasons fixtures inevitably leads to a difficult end and this is no different for Villa. The club face 5 of last year’s top 6 in the final 9 games of the season, with the campaign closing on a final day trip to newly promoted Norwich City.
View the full fixture list here
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups