With John Carew out of contract next summer and pretty far away from convincing Houllier to reconsider a contract extension, reports mounted regarding a controversial bid from Birmingham. The Blues have picked up a habit of picking up Villa fringe players in recent years but this one is way too far fetched. Your welcome to Craig Gardner and Liam Ridgewell and you would be welcome to Carew on his current form but the big man is a cult icon at Villa Park and a switch to St Andrews would surely be suicide for the Norwegian. Carew’s recent decline has been extremely disappointing to see after the giant forward built up a strong affinity with the Villa faithful and all Villa fans would love to see him back to his best without question. Despite this, his heart doesn’t look in it anymore and fitness issues combined with a lack of effort have seen him fall below Nathan Delfouneso in the forward pecking order. McLeish confirmed that he was an admirer of Carew, and that’s all you’ll ever be mate, but a move had not been considered.
“I have always liked John Carew as a player and I tried to take him to Rangers.
“But he is not someone I have thought about.”
How do you feel about the recent John Carew demise? Will you be sad to see him go or is it good riddance as far as your concerned?
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups