Before today’s game with Bolton it was confirmed that Gary McAllister was to be the new assistant manager under Gerard Houllier. The Scotsman attended the game alongside the new manager, watching the 1-1 from the stands. McAllister will link up with Houllier meaning his breif spell as first team coach at Middlesbrough has come to an end. The former Liverpool player, signed by the Frenchman, has had brief spells in management at two of his previous clubs in Coventry and Leeds United.
A number of other backroom changes at the club have been made early on in his tenure by Houllier to ensure stability at the club. Villa academy boss and former fans favourite Gordon Cowans, has been assigned a new role as first team coach at the club. Reserve team goalkeeping coach Rafa Gonzalez has also been promoted to first team duties. Finally it was confirmed, after rumours in midweek, that Robert Duverne has been brought in. Duverne grabbed the headlines for the wrong reason after having a bust up with French captain Patrice Evra whilst employed as fitness coach to the national side.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups