Aston Villa tried to sign Mario Mandzukic recently but the 34 year old striker has turned them down.
According to Gianluca di Marzio, West Ham United were keen on signing the striker as well.
Mario Mandzukic has been without a club since July and he could have been an interesting signing on a free transfer.
Aston Villa could use some depth in their attacking department and the Croatian would have been the perfect fit.
He has the quality and the winning experience to make an immediate impact at Aston Villa and he could have been the ideal mentor for young players like Ollie Watkins.
Mandzukic has played for top clubs like Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid. His experience could have been vital for Aston Villa on and off the pitch.
The Croatian striker has been linked with Bologna and it will be interesting to see if he decides to return to Italy in the coming weeks.
Aston Villa signed Ollie Watkins earlier in the summer and the former Brentford star has been outstanding for them so far.
It will be interesting to see if Dean Smith tries to bring in a backup striker when the transfer window reopens in January.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups