22-year-old right back Eric Lichaj has extended his loan deal at Leeds United until the end of the season after initially agreeing a one month loan which expired after the weekend’s 0-0 draw against Ipswich. The young American will now stay at Elland Road and offer competition for places under Simon Grayson in the sides push for automatic promotion from the Championship. Lichaj was brought into the Leeds squad to cover for the injury to first team right back Paul Connelly but has impressed sufficiently to keep the full-back out of the side despite a return to fitness. In his short term spell with the club, desperately hoping to regain Premier League status just a year after promotion from League One, Eric has played 7 games and was recently joined at the club by fellow loanee and team-mate Barry Bannan.
“Eric has done well since he came here.
“He’s showed his qualities and he gives us good competition in the right-back area.
“We’re delighted Villa have agreed to allow him to remain here until the end of the league season.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups