Aston Villa’s youth team captain Daniel Johnson netted penalties in either half of their season ending clash with Chelsea to give Tony McAndrew’s men a 2-0 victory and in turn, the Premier Academy League Group B title. The weekend’s win over Charlton saw Villa’s youngsters climb above Midlands rivals Leicester to the top of the pile, sealing league glory with a decisive away victory at the Blues Cobham training ground today. Johnson has been a shining light for the youth team this year and was the fitting winner of today’s game, netting his 11th and 12th of the season after winger Jack Grealish was fouled in the first 45 before Jordan Graham was upended in the second half. The U18s are now waiting to discover who they will play in the Barclays Premier Academy League semi-finals, with the aim of being crowned overall national champions. UTV Academy. Keep ’em coming!
Team line-up v Chelsea; Barrett; Nelson-Addy, Bryan, Lewis, Caira; Graham, Melvin, Johnson, Grealish; Burke, Taylor. Subs: Juan Serrano, Coton, Drennan (for Burke), Darkin, Robinson (for Grealish).
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups