David Brooks is believed to be one of Dean Smith’s top January transfer targets as he looks to strengthen his Villa side.
However, Bournemouth manager, Jason Tindall, has sent a firm message to Villa with regards to their reported plans to sign the young Welshman.
David Brooks, 23, is regarded as one of the most exciting players outside the top-flight and a stellar start to the season has seen speculation around his future grow.
The Welshman struggled with injury in his last Premier League season but still impressed enough to have been linked with a move away from Bournemouth in the summer.
However, Brooks stayed with the aim to propel Bournemouth back into the top division.
“No, David Brooks’s future is here at AFC Bournemouth. That’s where his future is,” Tindall said, as reported by the Bournemouth Echo
“He’s contracted here, he’s enjoying his time here. He’s fit, he’s playing a lot of games and until anyone tells us otherwise, that’s the way it will remain.
There’s always been speculation about David Brooks and many of our other players in every transfer window, so I don’t really take any notice of that, until someone tells me otherwise.”
David Brooks has 18 months left on his contract at Bournemouth and has made 39 Premier League appearances, scoring 8 and assisting 5.
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton
- January Transfer Window Shows Aston Villa Mean Business This Season
- Luis Suarez Giving Serious Thought to Securing Summer Switch to Aston Villa
- Aston Villa on the verge of signing Lucas Digne
- Aston Villa set to sign Philippe Coutinho