David Brooks is believed to be one of Dean Smith’s top January transfer targets as he looks to strengthen his Villa side.
However, Bournemouth manager, Jason Tindall, has sent a firm message to Villa with regards to their reported plans to sign the young Welshman.
David Brooks, 23, is regarded as one of the most exciting players outside the top-flight and a stellar start to the season has seen speculation around his future grow.
The Welshman struggled with injury in his last Premier League season but still impressed enough to have been linked with a move away from Bournemouth in the summer.
However, Brooks stayed with the aim to propel Bournemouth back into the top division.
“No, David Brooks’s future is here at AFC Bournemouth. That’s where his future is,” Tindall said, as reported by the Bournemouth Echo
“He’s contracted here, he’s enjoying his time here. He’s fit, he’s playing a lot of games and until anyone tells us otherwise, that’s the way it will remain.
There’s always been speculation about David Brooks and many of our other players in every transfer window, so I don’t really take any notice of that, until someone tells me otherwise.”
David Brooks has 18 months left on his contract at Bournemouth and has made 39 Premier League appearances, scoring 8 and assisting 5.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups