England picked up a 4-0 win over Iceland in the UEFA Nations League game yesterday and Aston Villa star Jack Grealish put on a splendid display for his country once again.
The 25 year old playmaker has been in outstanding form this season and he has been one of the best midfielders in the Premier League so far.
Despite struggling to get a call up to the national team initially, Grealish has managed to grab his opportunity with both hands and he has been outstanding for England in his last few outings.
The Aston Villa star was voted as the man of the match against Iceland but he took to Twitter to claim that Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden should have received the award for his performance.
Foden was outstanding for England as well and he managed to score a brace.
Jack Grealish’s tweet goes to show his outstanding attitude and mentality towards his teammates.
The Aston Villa star has all the tools to develop into a world-class player in future and he has certainly shown during this international break that he deserves to be one of the first names on the England team sheet.
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Everton and Wolves keen to sign Aston Villa’s Danny Ings
- Aston Villa in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule