Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish has reacted to the recent comparisons with Chelsea’s Mason Mount.
The Chelsea midfielder has been compared with Grealish in the recent months and the Aston Villa star believes that it is quite annoying because they are different players who are fighting for different positions in the England team.
Mount has been picked ahead of Grealish for the England squad quite often and that has resulted in comparisons between the two midfielders.
The Aston Villa star went on to claim that the Chelsea midfielder is a terrific player who is underrated and people do not understand just how good he is.
“I love Mason,” he said. “It’s a bit annoying actually because he probably gets a bit of stick at times from it.
“I’ve always been close with Mason. I think he’s a terrific player, and I don’t think we’re even fighting for the same spot, to be honest.
“If anything, he’s underrated, deserves all the credit he gets, and people who know about football will understand just how good he is.”
Both players have done extremely well for their clubs in the recent months and it will be interesting to see who goes on to hold down a regular starting berth for England in future.
Meanwhile, former England international Gary Lineker agreed with Jack Grealish’s comments and claimed that the two English midfielders are very different players and there is plenty of room for both players in England squad.
- Aston Villa Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Southampton Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kickoff Time & How To Stream
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton