Aston Villa picked up a 1-0 win over Leicester City in the Premier League last night.
The Villans continue their perfect start to the season and Dean Smith will be delighted with his team’s performance.
Aston Villa were rock solid at the back and one moment of magic from summer signing Ross Barkley decided the game for them.
Leicester City will be devastated with the loss especially after defending so well throughout the game.
Barkley scored from outside the box in added time to secure all three points for Aston Villa. Dean Smith’s side have a 100% record in the Premier League now and it will be interesting to see if they can continue to build on their outstanding start to the season.
Meanwhile, Aston Villa star Jack Grealish heaped praise on his teammate Ross Barkley after the on-loan Chelsea player smashed home the winner.
Grealish labelled the former Everton ace as a diamond.
His tweet read:
Barkley will be pleased with his performances at Aston Villa so far and he will be hoping to get his career back on track with regular first team football under Dean Smith.
- Aston Villa’s Premier League match against Newcastle United postponed
- Ezri Konsa reacts to Aston Villa defeat against Brighton
- Dean Smith disappointed with VAR ruling against Brighton
- Ollie Watkins reflects on his start at Aston Villa this season
- Jack Grealish reacts to his man of the match award for England
- Cesc Fabregas heaps praise on Jack Grealish
- Roy Keane slams Tyrone Mings’ display for England
- Kevin Phillips urges Dean Smith to sign Ross Barkley permanently
- Jack Grealish reacts to comparisons with Mason Mount
- Frank Lampard sees a future for Ross Barkley at Chelsea