Reports surrounding Aston Villa this morning claim that manager Gerard Houllier will leave the club by mutual consent following test results regarding the health scare he suffered earlier in the year.
Randy Lerner’s right hand man emphasised that the Frenchman’s health was of paramount importance last week and it now seems that the former Liverpool boss would be running too high a risk in returning to management. The decision is believed to be a done deal by sources close to the club, though Villa are yet to make an official statement on the rumours.
The confirmation is likely to be made later today and many Villa fans are getting what they wished for with the latest news after a desperately disappointing season in the most part at the club. More to follow but speculation has already moved to the man who will be chosen as Houllier’s successor at Villa Park, with the likes of Moyes, Benitez and even Ancelotti being touted in recent weeks.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups