Villa manager Gerard Houllier has revealed that talks over the expiring contracts of players such as Brad Friedel, Robert Pires and Nigel Reo-Coker have been put on hold til the end of the season as he waits to secure survival in the Premier League. Loanee Michael Bradley is also an option come the end of the season with an agreed value thought to be in place though the American has been overlooked thus far and earlier in the week turned out for the reserves in their 3-1 home victory over Liverpool.
“The situation is that we will decide everything at the end of April.
“Our points situation implies that everything will be dealt with then.
“We are focused on the pitch now.
“We have a league of eight games and we have played one against Everton and I think we have to remain extremely focused on the games that are coming up.”
Houllier went on to deny reports from the weekend that the unrest between the Villa players for much of the season has been down to disagreements with assistant manager Gary McAllister. It was confirmed that defender Richard Dunne had a fracas with the Scot earlier in the season which saw the Irishman dropped from the team and was feared to have spelled the end of the 31-year-old’s time at the club.
“It’s stupid nonsense, I think it’s totally nonsense and I know it’s totally untrue. I doesn’t have any effect on me.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups