A regurgitated link has arisen again this morning after it was revealed that Championship side Leicester, managed by Sven Goran Eriksson, could be given as much as £10m to spend in the summer, with the former England boss highlighting Emile Heskey as a prime target. The Swede was a big fan of the big man during his time with the national side, sticking by him when many said he shouldn’t, and the former Lazio boss is set to make an ambitious bid for the 32-year-old, according to the Mirror. Heskey impressed under Houllier when fit at the beginning of this term but fell out of favour when the club signed Darren Bent while he was serving a suspension. In the last two matches he has made a return but many feel that he will be allowed to leave in the summer, considering his ageing years, to cut the wage bill. The much maligned striker enjoyed a successful start to his career with the Foxes under former boss Martin O’Neill and a move may be tempting, though whether he is willing to drop down a level to get regular football is unknown.
Despite being famed for an inability to finish, before his spell out of the side Heskey was chipping in with a few goals for the club and looked a rejuvenated player when joined at the club by his ex-Liverpool boss Houllier. His record is still not awful considering the limited time he has spent on the pitch having netted 6 goals in all competitions at a rate of 1 every 220 minutes, just under two and a half games. During his six-year spell with boyhood club Leicester, the local lad netted 40 goals in 154 games before earning an £11m move to Houllier’s Liverpool.
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups