Aston Villa are reportedly prepared to terminate Henri Lansbury’s contract by paying off the final year of his deal.
However, the midfielder has rejected the offer. Apparently, the termination deal offered to the midfielder was on reduced terms.
Lansbury was left out of Aston Villa’s 25-man Premier League squad earlier this month and he has been made available for transfer since the end of last season.
It will be interesting to see if the Aston Villa midfielder decides to move on when the transfer window reopens in January.
He needs to play regularly at this stage of his career and it is evident that he has no future at Aston Villa.
The midfielder has recently been linked with a move to Nottingham Forest and a return to the Championship could be ideal for Lansbury right now.
Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has claimed that the midfielder is a really good player but injuries and the number of signings in the midfield has forced Lansbury down the pecking order.
The likes of John McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Ross Barkley and Jack Grealish are all ahead of Lansbury right now and he is unlikely to play for Villa unless there is an injury crisis.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups