Bristol City have signed Henri Lansbury on a deal until the end of the season after he terminated his Aston Villa contract.
Lansbury made 53 appearances and scored two goals for Villa following his move from Nottingham Forest in January 2017.
However, Lansbury has made just three appearances this campaign.
Aston Villa mutually agreed to terminate the 30-year-old’s contact earlier on Friday, before Bristol City signed the free agent.
Lansbury began his career at Arsenal and also spent time at Watford, Norwich, West Ham and Scunthorpe.
“I’m so excited to be here, it’s a new challenge with a great squad, an exciting manager and I’m looking forward to the rest of the season,” Lansbury told Robins TV.
“I can only bring my experience. You can see the team spirit here hence why I always hated coming to Ashton Gate! Definitely my experience will be key and hopefully I can help the younger lads and help us over the line.”
Bristol City manager Dean Holden has ‘always admired’ Lansbury.
“Henri will add to the group both on and off the pitch,” Holden said. “He’s a fantastic character, someone I’ve always admired for the way he plays the game.
“He’s a fantastic passer of the ball, and he can create and score goals too.”
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Everton and Wolves keen to sign Aston Villa’s Danny Ings
- Aston Villa in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Aston Villa Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Southampton Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kickoff Time & How To Stream
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups