Bristol City have signed Henri Lansbury on a deal until the end of the season after he terminated his Aston Villa contract.
Lansbury made 53 appearances and scored two goals for Villa following his move from Nottingham Forest in January 2017.
However, Lansbury has made just three appearances this campaign.
Aston Villa mutually agreed to terminate the 30-year-old’s contact earlier on Friday, before Bristol City signed the free agent.
Lansbury began his career at Arsenal and also spent time at Watford, Norwich, West Ham and Scunthorpe.
“I’m so excited to be here, it’s a new challenge with a great squad, an exciting manager and I’m looking forward to the rest of the season,” Lansbury told Robins TV.
“I can only bring my experience. You can see the team spirit here hence why I always hated coming to Ashton Gate! Definitely my experience will be key and hopefully I can help the younger lads and help us over the line.”
Bristol City manager Dean Holden has ‘always admired’ Lansbury.
“Henri will add to the group both on and off the pitch,” Holden said. “He’s a fantastic character, someone I’ve always admired for the way he plays the game.
“He’s a fantastic passer of the ball, and he can create and score goals too.”
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups