Aston Villa have been given more time to make a decision as to whether to sign USA international Michael Bradley on a permanent basis as they wait to appoint a new manager at Villa Park, having initially agreed a fee as part of the midfielder’s unprofitable loan spell at the club.Son of USA coach Bob, Michael Bradley is seen as one of the nation’s top performer’s but was not given a chance to prove his ability following a loan switch in January, starting just once in the FA Cup surrender to Man City, and making only two appearances from the bench in the league. In total Bradley played just one hour and 34 minutes of senior football for Villa in four months at the club.
After Villa released a string of midfielders at the end of the season, most notably Nigel Reo-Coker, the club were touted with an unexpected deal for the 23-year-old, though interest is thought to be strong from the Serie A and Roma in particular, who like Villa, are now owned by an American businessman.
The fee which the club agreed prior to the loan deal was believed to be worth around £4.5m and it is speculated that Villa will request to come down on this price slightly, having yet to see the best of the former Herenveen man.
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups