General Charles Krulak, right hand man to Villa chairman Randy Lerner, has again been the man to address the fans amid the vast speculation regarding the vacant managerial post at the club, claiming a decision is “not as simple as ordering a balti pie”.The non-executive director is known amongst the fans for having ‘a way with words’ shall we say, and his latest statement attempting to clear up the confusion over the process of appointing a new manager does not disappoint. Krulak felt that a comment needed to be made to the fans who have grown frustrated at apparent uncertainty with regards to the next man in charge. Many have made their opinions known when referring to reported unfavourable targets such as Steve McLaren, and more recently, Alex McLeish, and Krulak stated;
“We will not react to the nonsense that is printed in the media and we will not seek a manager who simply gets a thumbs-up from the fans.
“We will get the very best man for the job in our opinion and in the opinion of those who assist in the decision process. Once we get our man, we will give him all the support he needs.
“We have the old complaint of ‘dithering’ as if choosing and obtaining a manager was a simple as going to Marks & Spencer and ordering a balti pie.
“Randy has never failed to support his manager. I know it is a waste of my time to ask for patience and calmness over the next week or two but, be patient, it will get done.
“A great many things go into the equation – advice from people in the business, discussions with agents and people with access, research on everything from record of success to connectivity with the players in the dressing room, to effective use of personnel to compatibility with owner and people at the club, to many, many, other things.
“To some fans it seems like just a simple act and more importantly, a signal about ambition.
“As if one manager sends a bigger ambition or signal than another but fans forget about whether that manager fits with the club.”
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups