Aston Villa youngster Gary Gardner has seemingly been rewarded by a fine run of form in the Aston Villa reserves, netting in Monday’s 3-1 defeat to Wolves, with a place in the squad to travel to Manchester ahead of tonight’s FA Cup clash with City. As ex-Villa player Craig’s younger brother, Gary will be hoping to force his way into the fringes of the first team and the his recent progression appears to have done just that, after a blossoming career was hampered by a serious knee injury last term. The news was broken on Twitter yesterday when FootballagentPM, who represents the 18-year-old, posted – Congratulations to our boy Gary Gardner who is in the #avfc squad for the first time as they travel to #mcfc for tomorrows cup game.
In other news, it has been revealed that Luke Young has been allowed paternity leave to be there for the birth of his child. Congratulations Luke!
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups