Ross Barkley signed for Aston Villa on a loan deal earlier in the summer and the 26 year old has been outstanding for them.
Manager Dean Smith has already admitted that Barkley has transformed his midfield and it will be interesting to see if Aston Villa decide to sign him permanently at the end of this season.
According to reports, Frank Lampard sees a future for the former Everton player at Chelsea and the Blues might look to keep him.
Barkley needs to join a club where he can play regular first team football and joining Aston Villa permanently might be the ideal situation for him.
Even if he is given a chance at Chelsea, it is highly likely that the likes of Ziyech and Havertz will start ahead of him in the attacking midfield position.
He’s a key starter at Aston Villa and Dean Smith trusts in his ability. The midfielder will certainly be tempted to continue at Villa park once his loan deal is over.
Barkley cannot afford to go back to sitting on the bench at Chelsea. He has the talent to be a star player for a quality Premier League club and it will be interesting to see what he decides in the summer.
- Villa set to enter Morgan Sanson transfer talks
- Jason Tindall addresses David Brooks transfer rumors
- Dean Smith wins Premier League manager of the month award
- Ajax and Celtic seriously interested in Villa’s England U17 star
- Report: Aston Villa taking an interest in AFC Bournemouth star
- Aston Villa vs Everton postponed because of Covid outbreak
- Tom Heaton linked with shock Arsenal move
- Aston Villa ‘ask the Premier League to postpone Everton game’ amid Covid-19 nightmare
- Aston Villa’s Premier League match against Newcastle United postponed
- Ezri Konsa reacts to Aston Villa defeat against Brighton