Ross Barkley signed for Aston Villa on a loan deal earlier in the summer and the 26 year old has been outstanding for them.
Manager Dean Smith has already admitted that Barkley has transformed his midfield and it will be interesting to see if Aston Villa decide to sign him permanently at the end of this season.
According to reports, Frank Lampard sees a future for the former Everton player at Chelsea and the Blues might look to keep him.
Barkley needs to join a club where he can play regular first team football and joining Aston Villa permanently might be the ideal situation for him.
Even if he is given a chance at Chelsea, it is highly likely that the likes of Ziyech and Havertz will start ahead of him in the attacking midfield position.
He’s a key starter at Aston Villa and Dean Smith trusts in his ability. The midfielder will certainly be tempted to continue at Villa park once his loan deal is over.
Barkley cannot afford to go back to sitting on the bench at Chelsea. He has the talent to be a star player for a quality Premier League club and it will be interesting to see what he decides in the summer.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups