It has been confirmed today that Villa youngster and England under-21 forward Nathan Delfouneso has joined up with Eddie Howe’s Burnley until the end of the season. The Championship side are looking to bolster their attacking ranks with new signing Charlie Austin joining Steven Thompson and Martin Paterson on the Turf Moor sidelines. The 20-year-old follows in quick succession from Barry Bannan who also left for the Championship yesterday, to Burnley’s league rivals Leeds.
According to reports the Fonz had asked to leave on loan toward the end of last year but injury problems forced Houllier to block the move. However, having recently surrendered their place in the FA Cup, the team have just 9 games left to play, all in the league, with Darren Bent, Gabby Agbonlahor, Emile Heskey and Ashley Young all ahead of the hot prospect front man at Villa Park. Nathan will undoubtedly be unhappy to have seen his chances continually restricted at the club, with players such as Clark, Albrighton and Bannan all progressing past him in the first team after he was introduced to the set-up at just 17.
In 16 appearances this season, Delfouneso has started just 4 games, netting twice in the process. I believe that the Villa management are cautious about rushing him into the first team, as was the case with Gabby some years ago now. Hopefully Burnley’s injury woes will mean that the striker gets a run in the first team and at a decent level. Burnley play some good football and in Eddie Howe, have acquired one of the brightest young managers in the country, so it could be the perfect place for him to bang in the goals. Other players out on loan include Lichaj, Lowry, Guzan, Weimann and are all playing at Championship level which is promising. Good Lucky Fonzy!
Join the new Facebook group and follow our new Twitter page for regular updates on all things Villa at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Blog/193085960709067
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups