Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa has taken to Twitter to share his disappointment regarding the result against Brighton earlier.
The Aston Villa star scored in a 2-1 defeat against Brighton and he believes that his side deserved more from the game.
Aston Villa were denied a late penalty after VAR decided to overturn Michael Oliver’s decision.
Despite that, Aston Villa will know that they were the better side heading into the game and they should have done more to pick up the three points.
They have been quite inconsistent in the recent weeks and they will have to work hard to regain their form and momentum.
Aston Villa managed to create quite a few chances earlier tonight but the field to convert those opportunities and Brighton made the most of their chances on the other end.
Brighton were massive underdogs heading into the game but they defended very well and managed to grind out a vital win. The win today will have given them immense confidence after a poor start to the season.
As for Villa, they were unlucky with the decision but they had enough quality to win regardless of that and Smith will be demanding a lot more from his players in the coming weeks.
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media
- Dean Smith praises Villa’s ‘super subs’ as Villa come back to beat Fulham
- Jack Grealish ‘back and raring to go’ ahead of Fulham on Sunday
- Why Grealish absence proves that Villa are still too reliant on their talisman
- Jack Grealish to miss out against Newcastle – injury latest
- Dean Smith criticizes ‘sloppy’ Villa players after Sheffield United defeat
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton