Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa has taken to Twitter to share his disappointment regarding the result against Brighton earlier.
The Aston Villa star scored in a 2-1 defeat against Brighton and he believes that his side deserved more from the game.
Aston Villa were denied a late penalty after VAR decided to overturn Michael Oliver’s decision.
Despite that, Aston Villa will know that they were the better side heading into the game and they should have done more to pick up the three points.
They have been quite inconsistent in the recent weeks and they will have to work hard to regain their form and momentum.
Aston Villa managed to create quite a few chances earlier tonight but the field to convert those opportunities and Brighton made the most of their chances on the other end.
Brighton were massive underdogs heading into the game but they defended very well and managed to grind out a vital win. The win today will have given them immense confidence after a poor start to the season.
As for Villa, they were unlucky with the decision but they had enough quality to win regardless of that and Smith will be demanding a lot more from his players in the coming weeks.
- Aston Villa’s Premier League match against Newcastle United postponed
- Ezri Konsa reacts to Aston Villa defeat against Brighton
- Dean Smith disappointed with VAR ruling against Brighton
- Ollie Watkins reflects on his start at Aston Villa this season
- Jack Grealish reacts to his man of the match award for England
- Cesc Fabregas heaps praise on Jack Grealish
- Roy Keane slams Tyrone Mings’ display for England
- Kevin Phillips urges Dean Smith to sign Ross Barkley permanently
- Jack Grealish reacts to comparisons with Mason Mount
- Frank Lampard sees a future for Ross Barkley at Chelsea