Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa has taken to Twitter to share his disappointment regarding the result against Brighton earlier.
The Aston Villa star scored in a 2-1 defeat against Brighton and he believes that his side deserved more from the game.
Aston Villa were denied a late penalty after VAR decided to overturn Michael Oliver’s decision.
Despite that, Aston Villa will know that they were the better side heading into the game and they should have done more to pick up the three points.
They have been quite inconsistent in the recent weeks and they will have to work hard to regain their form and momentum.
Aston Villa managed to create quite a few chances earlier tonight but the field to convert those opportunities and Brighton made the most of their chances on the other end.
Brighton were massive underdogs heading into the game but they defended very well and managed to grind out a vital win. The win today will have given them immense confidence after a poor start to the season.
As for Villa, they were unlucky with the decision but they had enough quality to win regardless of that and Smith will be demanding a lot more from his players in the coming weeks.
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton
- January Transfer Window Shows Aston Villa Mean Business This Season
- Luis Suarez Giving Serious Thought to Securing Summer Switch to Aston Villa
- Aston Villa on the verge of signing Lucas Digne
- Aston Villa set to sign Philippe Coutinho