Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa has hailed the team chemistry at the club right now.
Aston Villa have started the season in outstanding form and they managed to thrash champions Liverpool 7-2 in their last Premier League game.
Dean Smith’s side will be up against Leicester City in their next game and Konsa believes that the team will be ready for another tough test against the Foxes.
Villa have had impressive transfer window so far and they’re full of confidence right now.
The new players seem to have settled in well and they’re firing on all cylinders. Ollie Watkins managed to score a hat trick against Liverpool in the last game and he will be hoping to add to his tally against Leicester City.
Konsa believes that the chemistry in the team is on another level now and the players are keen to build on that in training.
“It’s been a great start for us,” the defender told avfc.co.uk. “We’ve carried on our form from last season, and we need keep going and keep the focus on ourselves.
“The chemistry in the squad has gone up another level and we keep building on that in training.
“We’re definitely expecting a tough game against Leicester – it’s always tough against them. They’re a very good team. They lost their last game 3-0 (against West Ham) and I’m sure they’ll want to come back and get a victory.”
The 22 year old defender also revealed that he has matured a lot from last season and he has learned during his first season in the Premier League.
Konsa also knows that he is still young and he needs to get better. The defender is willing to learn from the coaches and his teammates in order to perform consistently for Aston Villa in the coming years.
- John McGinn opens up on Aston Villa’s start and his fitness
- Dean Smith comments on Ross Barkley’s long term future at Aston Villa
- Dean Smith confirms Tom Heaton could return next week
- Aston Villa manager Dean Smith heaps praise on Ross Barkley
- Gabriel Agbonlahor reacts to Pundit’s shock claim regarding Jack Grealish
- Jack Grealish hails Ross Barkley after his late goal in Aston Villa win
- Gabriel Agbonlahor questions Gareth Southgate’s treatment of Jack Grealish
- Ezri Konsa hails the team chemistry at Aston Villa
- Aston Villa held talks with Josh King regarding summer move
- Aston Villa handed the opportunity to move for Said Benrahma