Aston Villa boss, Dean Smith, has won the Premier League Manager of the Month award for December 2020.
This is the English manager’s first Premier League award since he guided Villa back into the Premier League in 2019.
Aston Villa started the month with a win over Midlands rivals, Wolves, thanks to a stoppage time penalty from Anwar El Ghazi.
Villa’s next match was a somewhat boring affair – a 0-0 draw versus Burnley.
However, following the draw at Burnley, Dean Smith guided Villa to another derby victory, a crushing 3-0 victory over West Brom. With El Ghazi netting another two goals and Traore getting the other.
Aston Villa backed up that performance by another impressive 3-0 victory against Crystal Palace on Boxing Day.
With Villa winning, despite Mings being sent off, and the goals being scored by El Ghazi and Traore again with Hause also on the score sheet.
The final match of the month was a draw at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea. Villa had been 1-0 down, but El Ghazi equalised with his fifth goal of the month.
It was a brilliant month for the Villains and a fully deserved award for Dean Smith.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups