Aston Villa boss, Dean Smith, has won the Premier League Manager of the Month award for December 2020.
This is the English manager’s first Premier League award since he guided Villa back into the Premier League in 2019.
Aston Villa started the month with a win over Midlands rivals, Wolves, thanks to a stoppage time penalty from Anwar El Ghazi.
Villa’s next match was a somewhat boring affair – a 0-0 draw versus Burnley.
However, following the draw at Burnley, Dean Smith guided Villa to another derby victory, a crushing 3-0 victory over West Brom. With El Ghazi netting another two goals and Traore getting the other.
Aston Villa backed up that performance by another impressive 3-0 victory against Crystal Palace on Boxing Day.
With Villa winning, despite Mings being sent off, and the goals being scored by El Ghazi and Traore again with Hause also on the score sheet.
The final match of the month was a draw at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea. Villa had been 1-0 down, but El Ghazi equalised with his fifth goal of the month.
It was a brilliant month for the Villains and a fully deserved award for Dean Smith.
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton
- January Transfer Window Shows Aston Villa Mean Business This Season
- Luis Suarez Giving Serious Thought to Securing Summer Switch to Aston Villa
- Aston Villa on the verge of signing Lucas Digne
- Aston Villa set to sign Philippe Coutinho