Aston Villa boss, Dean Smith, has won the Premier League Manager of the Month award for December 2020.
This is the English manager’s first Premier League award since he guided Villa back into the Premier League in 2019.
Aston Villa started the month with a win over Midlands rivals, Wolves, thanks to a stoppage time penalty from Anwar El Ghazi.
Villa’s next match was a somewhat boring affair – a 0-0 draw versus Burnley.
However, following the draw at Burnley, Dean Smith guided Villa to another derby victory, a crushing 3-0 victory over West Brom. With El Ghazi netting another two goals and Traore getting the other.
Aston Villa backed up that performance by another impressive 3-0 victory against Crystal Palace on Boxing Day.
With Villa winning, despite Mings being sent off, and the goals being scored by El Ghazi and Traore again with Hause also on the score sheet.
The final match of the month was a draw at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea. Villa had been 1-0 down, but El Ghazi equalised with his fifth goal of the month.
It was a brilliant month for the Villains and a fully deserved award for Dean Smith.
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton
- Dean Smith confirms that Aston Villa have received no approaches for assistant John Terry amid Bournemouth rumours
- Ollie Watkins reveals how Villa stars persuaded him to join the club
- Dean Smith praises ‘selfless’ Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins
- Alan Hutton reveals what the Villa players are saying about Emiliano Martinez
- Christian Purslow explains reasons for Villa improvement and makes exciting prediction
- 3 ways Aston Villa can beat Arsenal this weekend