Aston Villa manager, Dean Smith, heaped praise on the match-winner against Arsenal, Ollie Watkins.
The Villa boss revealed he has not been surprised by the impact the striker has made so far at Premier League level.
Aston Villa signed the striker for a club-record fee, reported to be £28million potentially rising to £33m.
The striker caught Villa’s attention after the 24-year-old scored 26 Championship goals in 2019-20.
Watkins’s goal versus Arsenal was his 10th Premier League strike of the campaign.
Smith said of Watkins: ‘I think every week we’re speaking very well of his performance, and that’s what he brings to the team.
‘He’s selfless in terms of what his work-rate is. He’s such a good footballer but a good team-mate as well.
‘It’s no surprise to me he has got into double figures already in the Premier League in 21 games.
‘The football that Brentford were playing last season was Premier League football, Premier League ready, so I knew he was ready to come in.’
Ollie Watkins’s performances this season have been so impressive, he has been linked with a potential England call-up.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups