Aston Villa signed Ollie Watkins from Brentford earlier in the summer and the 24-year-old has been very impressive for the Premier League side so far.
Manager Dean Smith has claimed that the player has been displaying unbelievable attitude since his move to Villa Park and he’s always looking to improve and break into the England squad in the coming months.
He said: “Unbelievable attitude as a player. He just wants to get better. He tests you as a coach himself because one of the former questions he asked me was how will you get me into the England squad? That’s his ambition and I love it when the people have got them targets and the hunger to get there.”
Watkins scored a hatrick against Premier League champions Liverpool earlier in the season and it will be interesting to see if he can build on his impressive start to life in the Premier League.
There is no doubt that he has the potential to develop into a quality Premier League forward.
Aston Villa signed him in a deal worth around £33 million and they will be quite happy with their investment so far.
Watkins has been crucial to Aston Villa’s impressive start to the season. Dean Smith’s side have won four of their five Premier League games so far and they will be looking to build on their impressive start and put together a winning run now.
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media
- Dean Smith praises Villa’s ‘super subs’ as Villa come back to beat Fulham
- Jack Grealish ‘back and raring to go’ ahead of Fulham on Sunday
- Why Grealish absence proves that Villa are still too reliant on their talisman
- Jack Grealish to miss out against Newcastle – injury latest
- Dean Smith criticizes ‘sloppy’ Villa players after Sheffield United defeat
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton