Aston Villa signed Ross Barkley from Chelsea on a loan deal this summer and the 26 year old has been quite impressive for them so far.
When asked if the club would consider a permanent move for the midfielder, manager Dean Smith claimed that no such talks have been held with Chelsea.
If Barkley continues to impress for Aston Villa it wouldn’t be surprising if the Premier League side tried to sign him permanently at the end of this season.
The 26-year-old is not a key player for Chelsea and the Blues might look to cash in if there is a reasonable offer on the table.
Barkley needs to be at a club where he can play regular first team football and Chelsea might not be able to provide him with that platform.
Staying at Aston Villa permanently might be beneficial to the midfielder’s career and it will be interesting to see how the situation unfolds in the coming months.
Barkley has already scored twice for Aston Villa and he will be hoping to build on his impressive start in the upcoming matches.
The 26-year-old has formed a lethal partnership with Jack Grealish at the heart of Aston villa’s midfield and he will be hoping that his form at the club level could help him regain his place in the England setup now.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Everton and Wolves keen to sign Aston Villa’s Danny Ings
- Aston Villa in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Aston Villa Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Southampton Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kickoff Time & How To Stream
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups