Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has claimed that John McGinn could be in line for a new deal at the club.
The 26 year old has been outstanding for Aston Villa ever since his move to Villa Park and he helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League.
Since promotion, he has been very impressive in the Premier League with Aston Villa as well and there is no doubt that he deserves a new deal at the club.
“John’s got four years left on his contract anyway,” Smith said. “If he’s seen Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish (getting tied down on new contracts) he might be knocking on the door but, again, that’s one for the sporting director (Johan Lange) to deal with.”
Aston Villa must do everything in their power to keep their best players at the club and John McGinn is certainly one of their best players.
It will be interesting to see if they can agree on an extension with the Scottish international in the coming months.
Recently club Captain Jack Grealish signed a new deal and Tyrone Mings was handed a pay rise as well.
Aston Villa have managed to put together a talented young squad and holding onto their prized assets should be a top priority for them now.
John McGinn is back to his best after a horrible injury last season and he could make a huge difference to Aston Villa’s season this year.
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media
- Dean Smith praises Villa’s ‘super subs’ as Villa come back to beat Fulham
- Jack Grealish ‘back and raring to go’ ahead of Fulham on Sunday
- Why Grealish absence proves that Villa are still too reliant on their talisman
- Jack Grealish to miss out against Newcastle – injury latest
- Dean Smith criticizes ‘sloppy’ Villa players after Sheffield United defeat
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton