Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has claimed that John McGinn could be in line for a new deal at the club.
The 26 year old has been outstanding for Aston Villa ever since his move to Villa Park and he helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League.
Since promotion, he has been very impressive in the Premier League with Aston Villa as well and there is no doubt that he deserves a new deal at the club.
“John’s got four years left on his contract anyway,” Smith said. “If he’s seen Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish (getting tied down on new contracts) he might be knocking on the door but, again, that’s one for the sporting director (Johan Lange) to deal with.”
Aston Villa must do everything in their power to keep their best players at the club and John McGinn is certainly one of their best players.
It will be interesting to see if they can agree on an extension with the Scottish international in the coming months.
Recently club Captain Jack Grealish signed a new deal and Tyrone Mings was handed a pay rise as well.
Aston Villa have managed to put together a talented young squad and holding onto their prized assets should be a top priority for them now.
John McGinn is back to his best after a horrible injury last season and he could make a huge difference to Aston Villa’s season this year.
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Everton and Wolves keen to sign Aston Villa’s Danny Ings
- Aston Villa in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Aston Villa Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Southampton Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups