Outgoings remain uncertain with the likes of Stephen Ireland and Warnock both wanting out. It had seemed that the players were close to securing loan deals but impending switches are rumoured to have hit problems. Newcastle seemed set to sign midfielder Ireland on loan after the Irishman’s future at the club was cast into further doubt by the interest in Bradley. However, the Toon have had more pressing issues on their mind having fielded crazy offers from Liverpool for Andy Carroll, up to £40m making Darren Bent’s initial £18m rising to £24m look a real snip. Ireland’s proposed move is apparently due to a complication with the player’s medical which was thought to have been passed. The 24-year-0ld hasn’t played since the New Year after suffering from a knee injury and it seems this may be affecting a transfer.
In regards to Stephen Warnock, a touted switch to former club Liverpool has been long-running. After the Reds agreed to allow Paul Knocheskey to move on it was thought that Warnock would tie up a deal with Dalglish’s side, but similarly to Newcastle’s situation, the club have more important issues to resolve including that of Carroll but also star striker Fernando Torres. It was reported that Villa had blocked a return to Anfield for the full-back but it then seemed that Villa dropped their demands for a fee in return for a six-month loan. Gerard Houllier has confirmed that Warnock wants out and said that as long as this is the case, even if he did not get a move, he would prefer more committed options in the left-back position. It is believed that the likes of Clark, Baker, Luke Young and Walker would all be above Warnock in the pecking order following the England international’s fall from grace after a disappointing first half to the season. Both of these deals could still be finalised as of yet but it seems it’s all up in the air at the moment.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups