Aston Villa take on Leeds United this weekend, with both teams looking to at least finish in the top 10 in the Premier League this season.
However, beyond the Leeds game, Villa will also be looking at their own top-six hopes that have been somewhat dashed in recent weeks due to two defeats and a draw in their last five games.
Villa still have a game in hand to Everton (four points ahead) and crucially, two games in hand to Liverpool (also four points ahead). To get into the top six, Villa will need to go on a spectacular run and hope for Liverpool, Everton and possibly another top six team to tank.
All of that looks unlikely, and Villa will do will to stay in eight place given their tough schedule ahead.
After Leeds, Villa have relatively easier games against Sheffield United, Wolves and Newcastle.
After that though, it gets tough. Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City, Everton, Man Utd and Tottenham (again) are all in Villa’s last 11 games, before ending the season at home to Chelsea.
Villa will do well to stay in the top 10. And that starts with tackling Leeds, who have the potential to put Villa to the sword, especially at home.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups