Aston Villa host Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday and Dean Smith will be hoping to build on his team’s impressive start to the season.
The home side have won both of their league games so far and they will be full of confidence heading into this one. They will fancy their chances of pulling off an upset against the Champions.
Aston Villa have been rock solid at the back so far and they are yet to concede in their two Premier League games. They will be up against the best attack in the country and it will be the biggest test of their defensive organization so far.
As for Liverpool, they have won their three league games as well and Jurgen Klopp’s men will be looking to extend that run with a win here.
Last year, Liverpool had to toil hard for a win at Villa Park.
The Reds crashed out of the Carabao Cup earlier in the week and the players will be determined to produce a reaction here. The fans will demand a big performance and a win from their team.
In terms of injuries, Klopp will be without Kostas Tsimikas, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip and Thiago Alcantara.
Aston Villa are without Bjorn Engels, Wesley and Tom Heaton.
Liverpool are undefeated in 35 of their last 38 matches in the Premier League.
Aston Villa have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home matches in the Premier League.
Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches in the Premier League.
Aston Villa have won their last 3 home matches in the Premier League.
Aston Villa: Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; McGinn, Luiz, Hourihane; Grealish, Watkins, Trezeguet
Liverpool: Alisson; Trent, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Wijnaldum, Keita, Fabinho; Salah, Mane, Firmino
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Everton and Wolves keen to sign Aston Villa’s Danny Ings
- Aston Villa in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule